Volunteers are Needed.
Uyghur Rights Advocacy Project (URAP)is looking for volunteers to assist us to advance the cause of Uyghurs in Canada and mobilize Canadian public and Politicians for stronger action to stop ongoing Uyghur Genocide in East Turkistan committed by the government of China.
Volunteers are requested to assist us in following area
· Creative ideas and design to boost social media campaigns.
· Research and campaign assistant.
· Parliamentary lobbying Assistant
· Multi-faith outreach and communication
· Website update, graphic design, brochure and content developer.
· Editor in English and French
University, college students with design, computer, networking, political science, communication or PR background.
Proficiency in English/French or both.
Good command of computer skills
Flexibility of working hours on certain projects and reports
Dedication of the promotion of Human Rights.
For qualified volunteers URAP will offer a community service certificate and professional recommendation letter.
URAP will provide necessary training and material support to start.
URAP also helps volunteers with the list of existing organizations.
What volunteers are required to do? ?
Volunteers may assist with drafting press releases, professional letter writing, timely updating website and social media content.
Volunteers, upon their desire and skillset, may assign various campaign items and research topics.
Currently URAP is working for:
· Parliamentary Resolution on the Uyghur Genocide perpetuated by China
· campaigning for passage of a number of legislations to ban forced labor products and forced labor supply chain coming to Canada from China and ban organ transplant originated from China.
· Help Uyghur refugees trapped in unsafe countries to come to Canada.
· Prepare a report on China’s systematic repression of Uyghurs globally.
Volunteers may engage with parliamentarians and members of academia for advocacy work on behalf of URAP.
If you are interested please feel free to contact at:
please inform your area of interest and qualification.